- If your Real Estate Broker License was issued on or between 2/1/2018 and 8/8/2019, you are required to complete 30 hours of Post License Education and a 1-hour course in Sexual Harassment Prevention Training by the renewal deadline of 4/30/2020.
- If your Real Estate Broker License was issued on or after 8/9/2019, you are required to complete 45 hours of Post License education and a 1-hour course in Sexual Harassment Prevention Training prior to renewing your license.
Learn what's required for your Real Estate License in Illinois
This real estate licensing information summarizes the minimum requirements established by the Illinois Department of Financial & Professional Regulation. We recommend you contact the Illinois Department of Financial & Professional Regulation for more detailed information or changes.
If you obtain real estate licenses in multiple states, we recommend you check each state's requirements.
- Broker Post License Transactional Issues (15 Hours)
- Broker Post License Risk Management/Discipline (15 Hours)
- Broker Post License Applied Broker Principles (15 Hours)
Education Providers may start offering these courses as early as March 1, 2020 (once course approval has been granted by the IDFPR).
Note: This license renewal information is provided as a convenience only and is subject to change at any time. It's ultimately the responsibility of the licensee to be sure that he or she is meeting all requirements for each license and corresponding renewal period.