- 1. Comply with the General Michigan Real Estate License Requirements:
- Be at least 18 years old
- 2. Complete 40 hours of courses - Enroll Today
- Complete a required 40-hour Michigan Real Estate Fundamentals course, which includes at least 4 hours of civil rights law and equal opportunity in housing.
- Your real estate school will submit your certificate of completion to the State of Michigan. Always keep a copy of completion certificates for your records.
- 3. File your Michigan real estate license application
- Apply for licensure within 36 months of completing your pre-license course.
- 4. Take the Michigan real estate license exam
- Once your application has been approved, you will receive an email from the State of Michigan notifying you of your authorization to register for the exam.
- Register for and pass the salesperson’s exam with the exam provider, Psychological Services, Inc. (PSI). To schedule your exam, visit the PSI website.
- 5. Broker sponsor requirements in Michigan
- You do not need to have a broker at the time you submit the license application.
- Upon completion of your real estate exam and in order to practice as a real estate salesperson, you must be sponsored by a licensed Michigan Employing Broker.
- 6. Know the cost of a Michigan real estate licenseMichigan real estate license would cost:
- Michigan real estate license application: $88
- Michigan real estate license examinations: $79
Learn what's required for your Real Estate License in Michigan
This real estate licensing information summarizes the minimum requirements established by the Michigan State Board of Real Estate Brokers & Salespersons. We recommend you contact the Michigan State Board of Real Estate Brokers & Salespersons for more detailed information or changes.
If you obtain real estate licenses in multiple states, we recommend you check each state's requirements.
Note: This license renewal information is provided as a convenience only and is subject to change at any time. It's ultimately the responsibility of the licensee to be sure that he or she is meeting all requirements for each license and corresponding renewal period.