- 1. Comply with the General Kentucky Real Estate License Requirements:
- Be at least 18 years old
- Have a high school diploma or GED in order to get licensed in Kentucky
- 2. Complete 96 hours of courses or 6 credit hours - Enroll Today
- Complete either 6 credit hours in real estate courses from an accredited college
- Or 96 classroom hours in real estate classes from an approved proprietary school.
- 3. Pass background check
- Applicants must complete an FBI criminal background check prior to taking the Kentucky licensure exam.
- 4. Take the Kentucky real estate license exam
- Pass both the general and state sections of the Kentucky Licensing Exam with a score of 75% or higher.
- Beginning JULY 1, 2015, candidates who pass one portion of the Kentucky Salesperson or Kentucky Broker exam (national or state law) and fail the other portion may retake the failed portion within 4 months of passing the first portion. After 4 months of the initial testing date, both portions must be retaken. Once both portions have been passed, within the required 4 month period, a candidate will be given the application form at the testing center and will have 60 days to apply for their license. After 60 days, the entire exam is voided.
- 5. File your Kentucky real estate license application.
- You must apply for a real estate sales associate license within 60 days of passing your real estate exam.
Learn what's required for your Real Estate License in Kentucky
This real estate licensing information summarizes the minimum requirements established by the Kentucky Real Estate Commission. We recommend you contact the Kentucky Real Estate Commission for more detailed information or changes.
If you obtain real estate licenses in multiple states, we recommend you check each state's requirements.
Note: This license renewal information is provided as a convenience only and is subject to change at any time. It's ultimately the responsibility of the licensee to be sure that he or she is meeting all requirements for each license and corresponding renewal period.