It is a common belief that once the first Santa appears in stores, the real estate industry shuts down until January. Successful agents know this is not true. All agents should look at this time as gift; work on positioning your business for a successful New Year.
Use this time to address all the business items you spend all year saying you were too busy to do. Can’t remember what they all were? Use this list to help jog your memory.
- Stock-pile blogs and blog content. Do the majority of the writing now to be tweaked when it is needed.
- Review your website. Look for outdated content; contact your host to see if there are additional tools or mobile designs.
- Set up profiles on national online real estate sites — Trulia, Zillow, Realtors.com
- Google yourself. You may be amazed at the number of directories where your name/website is unclaimed. This is also a great activity for bored middle and high school students who may be home for the holidays.
- Holiday photos of current listings. Increase the photos for current (and ‘coming soon’) properties.
Want to find out if you have what it takes to be a Real Estate Agent or Broker?
About Tom Davidson — Tom Davidson is Vice President of Express Schools, LLC. which operates online education providers Real Estate Express, Insurance License Express and License Tutor. Follow him on Twitter.